Today’s Prescription: Top 10 gifts for Mom
This year, Mother’s Day rolls around on May 12. So we’ve put together a list of our favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas. Check it out below!
1. Barefoot Dreams plush lounge wear: Treat mom to a day of relaxation. Start it off with the perfect lounge wear from Barefoot Dreams as seen on Oprah’s favorite things’ list and the Ellen Degeneres Show!
Each piece is designed “with a prayer for faith, grace, hope, and life” – all the things that moms are made of! In addition to robes, you can also choose from throws, pullovers, and zip ups…
2. Annie Glass heart dish: You can choose either a gold or platinum rimmed heart dish, or keep it simple with plain glass. These heart-shaped, sweet pieces are handmade in the United States and are a sentimental way of recognizing the heart of the family – Mom! Fill it with her favorite candy to make a statement.
3. Something sparkly from Swarovski: The Austrian crystals are cut to perfection and dazzle the eye. We think it’s a great way to note the way Mom adds sparkle to life. Choose from rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, even sparktacular pens!
4. Say something personal with Museware Pottery personalized pieces: a great way to applaud the one that holds the family together. Many options are available but we like the idea of a family monogram plate.
5. Capture your favorite Mom memory with a Mariposa picture frame: If you like the idea of personalizing your gift with a message, how about engraving a pretty frame?
Halfway there… Feeling inspired yet? Well here are a few more ideas!
6. Nothing says special like a Simon Pearce vase filled with mom’s favorite flowers! Simon Pearce glassware is especially luminescent and adds that touch of simple elegance to any bouquet. It is a gift mom can treasure year after year with each bouquet she receives!
7. A handmade piece of art from Sticks Furniture: Mom is good at making you feel at home. So why not add a touch of art to her home with a handcrafted, hand-painted piece of furniture. We think the mirrors these artisans make are beautiful!
8. A Lladro collectible is a gift that Mom can cherish for a lifetime and with which she can build a collection. Start her off this year with one of the sculptures dedicated just to moms. How about this one – “Flowers for Mommy“?
9. Pittsburgh company, Riverside Designs, has a pretty and functional, recycled glass “Mom” plate, great for decorating her favorite space or for hosting her favorite moms for a girls’ night in! If you like that idea or want some other environmentally friendly and community-centered ideas, this company also produces a line of Platters that Matter that represent local charities. A portion of the purchase price benefits the charity of choice. It’s a great way to acknowledge mom’s giving nature!
And last but not least………
10. How about a bottle of mom’s favorite wine with a Corksicle and Nambe wine coaster? She’ll be all set for a day of celebration!